Sunday, September 4, 2011

Garosugil - Unochubo Sushi

     


     

     


                                


                                

534-10 Shinsa-dong
Kangnam-gu, Seoul
02 549 2812
Line 3 - Sinsa Station


YAY! First review! It only took about four hours to figure out how to work html but it's up and running!

So, I'm currently studying at Korea University in Seoul so for the next four months all of these blogs will be about restaurants and food stalls in the surrounding districts.

Price: A bit too pricey for the sad, starving college student. Entrees ranged from about 20, 000 won and up but it is a Japanese restaurant.

Atmosphere: Pretty chill. There weren't that many people in there but it had a nice, first date kind of feel to it. They were playing Beautiful Mess by Jason Mraz which just happened to have been the song stuck in my head for the last two weeks so I was in a pretty good mood.

Service: The waitstaff were extremely helpful and friendly. They tried very hard to communicate with us in English and kept on coming back to check up on us.

Food: I can't remember EXACTLY what we ordered but I'll do a rough summary.

1. Chirashi - Though everything was fresh, this should never be ordered at a sushi restaurant, period.
2. Fish Roe and Rice - Not for the faint of heart. It was pretty fishy. It contained salmon, crab, uni, and a questionable fourth type of fish roe. It was served with Korean-style rice that should've been replaced with regular sushi rice. There were some parts of the crab roe that were pretty bitter and salty which kinda threw me off. It was alright but I wouldn't order it again. The amount of roe definitely was worth the price, though.
3. Clams with a bacon, vegetable medley that was garnished with thin, deep-fried pumpkin slices. Red and green peppers are show foods. They add nothing to a dish besides color but everything else was pretty appetizing. For 26,000 won, you get 5 clams. What a bargain.
4. Pork Neck - (the one served on the cement block) The best part of dinner was the pork neck. It was my first time eating it so I was really surprised. It literally melts in your mouth and the sauce tasted really good. I can't really put my tongue on what it's similar to but if you had the chicken skewers at Apgujeong. It tastes kinda like that but 10x better cuz it's pork. :)

VERDICT: It was a nice place with nice people but I didn't particularly care too much for the food. It's a nice place to treat yourself to, once and a while but for me, I'll stick to the Korean BBQ joint down the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment