Thursday, September 8, 2011

Insadong - Sanchon

     


     

     


     

     

     


                                


                                

The pictures are blurry due to poor camera quality and poor lighting, apologies.

Sanchon is a vegetarian restaurant that deals with Buddhist-style cooking so be prepared. I had semi-high expectations since the Buddhist food I have eaten prior to this experience had been amazing but the food here was interesting -- to say the least. I feel like you have to really like burdock root and REAL Korean food to enjoy this place. I'm not one for the root so all the dishes that were in a circle were out of the picture and I can deal with Korean food but the mung bean soup and kimchi soup were -__-'' . It was an interesting experience. The place felt like a sanctuary. It was dimly lighted and decorated like one of those sageuk (historic) dramas but even though, the food was not to my liking, I had a really fun time there experiencing something that was truly Korean.

Verdict: If you're into the vegetarian, then you should come for the experience and food. The price was about 22, 000 won per person for lunch and you get all the food pictured. You don't get to choose, it's a set meal and it varies all the time. There were people who came after us who had a different menu so just be open-minded about eating everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment